Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Congratulations! You’re Engaged. ~ Getting Started ~ Part 1

I’m sure your are happy and excited about your engagement and your upcoming wedding. If you haven’t started yet, you are probably starting to panic about planning the biggest event of you life up to this point. My first piece of advice is to STAY CALM. With proper planning, preparation, and a team love ones supporting you your day will be perfect.

I recommend that you read a wedding planning guide and get a wedding checklist as soon as possible. You’ll need to have a clear idea of what is in store for you until your wedding day.

When I planned my wedding I bought the Easy Wedding Workbook & Organizer. I’m sure you’ll be able to find something similar at your local bookstore. I liked this organizer because it had a checklist, budget worksheet, vender comparison charts and a host of other information. I also stored my wedding planning documents in the organizer. I liked having all of my wedding planning information in one accessible location.

A major part of your wedding planning efforts will be making a realistic budget and sticking to it. That’s when the fun really begins. You’ll have to decide when to splurge and when not to splurge.

Below you find other articles on wedding planning:
--I'm Engaged! Now What? by Pamela Kazmierczak
--Wedding Planning Guide - Tips For Planning Weddings by Jen Carter


Stay tuned for more post about wedding checklist and your wedding budget.

No comments: